First things first. We’re really sorry. We are aware that some users have been experiencing step conversion issues as of recently and we’re even more aware of how infuriating this can be… So what’s the deal?
We recently launched a whole new algorithm, which converts indoor steps as well as outdoor steps. Note that this update is only for iPhone 7 devices and newer, as well as all Android devices!
And while we couldn’t be happier to see that millions of you are getting a lot more of your steps converted on a daily basis, we are painfully aware that there’s been problems for a few of our users. As with many large scale launches to millions of users, we’ve experienced a few teething pains which we didn’t foresee and couldn’t predict.
You have our promise, however, that our product and development teams are working tirelessly from across the globe to fix these problems as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, there are some steps you can try that should do the trick.
Find your device in the list below and give them a try to boost your balance! Here goes…
iPhone 5S, 6 and 6S devices (Old Algorithm):
- Make sure you"ve installed the latest release of Sweatcoin from the AppStore
- Ensure you open the app at least once every 12 hours
- Try giving your device a reboot
- Check your iPhone Settings. Go to iPhone Settings > Privacy > Location Services “ON” > Sweatcoin > Tick Never and then immediately Always (don"t ask why, but this helps to make sure “Always” is set properly) > Return to Sweatcoin
- If these steps fail to help, please uninstall and reinstall Sweatcoin using the same number used to initially register
iPhone 7 and later (New Algorithm):
- Open your iPhone’s Settings > General > Background App Refresh > Scroll to Sweatcoin and make sure the switch is turned “ON”.
- Try the above steps (minus #4)
Should these steps fail to work for you, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know that you've tried these steps and they aren't working. If you could send along your username in the support ticket, this would be great! Our development teams can then dig a little deeper and assist asap!