We're sorry you're having conversion issues on your iPhone!
Please find your device below and give the following tips and tricks a try to hopefully improve your step conversion:
iPhone 7 and later (New Algorithm):
1. Ensure that you’ve installed the latest version of Sweatcoin on your device (we’re releasing new versions often now, as we constantly work to better the product).
2. Go to your iPhone "Settings" > "General" > "Background App Refresh" > scroll to "Sweatcoin" app and ensure it’s turned ON. Even if it's on, please toggle it off and on again, as this weirdly does the trick sometimes!
3. Ensure “Low Power Mode” isn’t interfering with things. To check, please go to your iPhone settings > “Battery” > “Low Power Mode” > See whether toggle is ON or OFF. It’s okay to have Low Power Mode on, but if so, please ensure you open Sweatcoin at least once every 12 hours!
4. Have you changed your time & date settings recently? This can interfere with our algorithm, so please make sure to set you time & date settings to automatic and then reinstall our app :)
5. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (just ensure you use the same email initially used to register to reinstall!
6. Make sure that you're opening the app at least a couple of times a day to jog our algorithm!
iPhones (6 and older)
Please try to steps above, where possible, but note that on devices older than iPhone 7, indoor steps can not be recognised (some vital hardware is missing), so if you walk a lot indoors your conversion will be lowish (around 30-40%). Starting with iPhone7 average conversion is much higher, at 90%.
If these steps didn't work for you, unfortunately it seems that the fault is on your devices side, and it's not allowing Sweatcoin to run smoothly in the background of your device. Sadly, in this case, we're unable to provide any additional assistance here.