It is simply the computer responsible for contributing to the maintenance of that blockchain. There are many nodes that make up each blockchain. Their role is to agree on the legitimacy of a transaction, which is a process referred to as a consensus mechanism.
Articles in this section
- I can't log in to the Sweat Wallet app (lost my activation email)
- What is minting, is it the same as mining?
- What is an NFT?
- What is an oracle?
- What is tokenization?
- What is an ERC-20 contract, token, and wallet?
- What is a token? How does it differ from a cryptocurrency?
- What is a smart contract?
- Open, permissionless, decentralized – what does it all mean?
- What is a blockchain?